Monday, September 7, 2009

First Day of First Grade!

*OK, I know I'm about a month behind, but better late than never I suppose.
Gavin started 1st grade this year. He is loving it! We went to meet his teacher the day before and afterwards, we get in the car and he says "I never knew my teacher would be so pretty". He is still pretty smitten with her a month into the year. He really enjoys all the things that come with going to school all day-specials everyday, recess, lunch (sometimes hot lunch, sometimes a packed lunch) and being with his friends. Lily misses him when he's gone and tells me several times a day "car, Gavin, now!". I can't believe he's already in 1st grade-where does the time go?
Gavin with a couple of his friends from last year that he was so excited to see!




This is a chart they have in the classroom and the goal is for them to stay on the green section or move up to the purple. It's a behavior chart and they move up or down depending on how they are in class. Gavin is very social and was having some trouble with talking and spent a bit of time on the yellow, so we came up with a reward chart at home. I think it's helped, he's been doing much better.




No comments: