Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sad sad week

On Monday night we found out that our baby no longer had a heartbeat. We are so sad, but the hardest part was having to tell Gavin. We were so careful with this pregnancy not to tell people until I was pretty far along, and waited until I was almost 13 weeks before we told Gavin. He was pretty upset when we told him, but I think most of that was because we were so visibly upset too. He's a strong boy though and is doing just fine. I'm on my way to recovery finally. I was 18 weeks and we had a couple of hard choices to make, but now that they've been made, I feel like we can start healing. I have debated what to do with my last post with the US picture and Lily's announcement, but I've decided to leave them up, this baby will always be a part of our family and be missed terribly.

2 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

Becky, I'm so sorry about the baby. I'm still hurting from my ectopic pregnancy. Slowly it starts to get better, but it leaves a hole in your heart. Love you.

griffinclan said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers. Let me know if I can do anything!