Monday, March 10, 2008

Disney Trip Day 1

Feb.26-Travel Day
For this trip to Orlando, we had enough miles to fly all of us for FREE on Frontier-even Lily got her own seat. Well, if you've ever redeemed miles you know that sometimes your options are less than stellar, as was the case in planning this trip. But, I must say-our flight times going down were perfect! (coming home not so much) We left Denver at 8:00am and landed in Orlando at 1:30pm. The nice part about leaving so early was we didn't have to sit around all day waiting to go! The kids were both super good on the plane.


We stepped off the plane and instantly felt the warmth and humidity, it felt so good on our cold, dry skin.
We spent the next couple of hours getting our car, stopping at the store and checking in to our hotel. We decided to stay at the Port Orleans Riverside at Disney again. We'd been there before and really liked it, this time was no different! Absolutely beautiful. You'll have to take my word for it-I forgot to take a picture.
Tonight we had tickets to the Pirate & Princess Party at the Magic Kingdom. Here's my little Pirate:

We get all ready and loaded in the car (which I know better than to do when going to the MK-always use the bus...) and literally on the short way there, it started to rain. And I mean RAIN! We waited in the car for a tram, then braved the storm to get on the stupid thing. WOW, we got soaked! Anthony kept asking what I was thinking, but I'll tell you- I was thinking that I spent an extra $150.00 to go to this party, and by golly we were going! Surely this little storm wouldn't last long. Yeah right.
We went on Pirates of the Caribbean (Lily's 1st ride!) and went to meet the Captain:

Gavin and I rode Splash Mountain (his first time!) and that was it-I couldn't put my kiddos though this torture any more. Although, Lily stayed nice and dry in her stroller. Back through the rain, and the tram etc...

3 comments:

Jenn Borland said...

Gavin looks just like Capn Jack!

Anonymous said...

Awww - I am sorry your P&PP got rained out :o( No fun but the picture of both Capt Jacks is great ! We are taking the same flight down there in May - I LOVE Frontier ! Can't wait to read the rest !

Jen said...

I didn't realize you were at Disney! Soooo fun! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to enjoy it.