Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Disney Day 2 Me and the Kids on Our Own!

This trip actually started out as a golf trip for Anthony and his buddies. He asked if I wanted to come with the kids, but let me know that golfing was the plan. Boo hiss. The idea of me and 2 kids alone (while he was golfing) at WDW trying to do rides and buses and swimming was not appealing. At all. And I love me some Disney. Luckily my parents decided to come along, and golf trip turned into family trip after all! (To Anthony's credit, he only golfed one round a day, when I know he would have loved to do 2) Anyway, they wouldn't be here until day 3, so I had one day on my own. I decided to make a reservation for a late breakfast at Ohana's at the Poly. I figured I'd let Gavin and Lily sleep as long as they wanted and be able to get up slowly and waste a good part of the day in the process. Also, by going to the Poly, I could load them in the car, something I do several times a day, and not have to deal with the bus.
The meal at Ohana's is a character breakfast with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey Mouse and Pluto.

The Big Cheese: (sorry the picture isn't the best I don't think the flash went off)

Gotta have some Mickey Waffles:

A couple of Stitches:

Sweet Lilo:

Gavin in the parade: (again no flash, stupid camera)

Breakfast was yummy and fun.

I can't believe how much food they brought us!

During breakfast I gave Gavin a couple of choices of things we could do until Daddy was done. He decided he wanted to ride the monorail to the MK and we could just walk around (without the rain!) and meet some characters. I told him he would have to walk which didn't make him too happy, but he said he would be fine with that. Easy enough.
We saw a little (and I mean little) parade on Main Street:

Rode Buzz Lightyear:

A cute picture of the tree/bush thing all done up for the Pirate Parties:

It was pretty chilly today and we didn't stay too long, but it was a perfect morning and things went better than I would have thought.


On a side note, Gavin really got into the pin trading this trip. Here is a picture of his lanyard that first day. It's amazing how much it changed by the end. :)

1 comment:

Jenn Borland said...

Looks like so much fun! It makes me want to go!