Sunday, September 21, 2008

1st Birthday Party Hats


Poor little Gavin was so sick today, which meant we were home all day and I had some time to do some crafts! :) Lily's birthday is in a couple of weeks, so I made these little party hats for the girls. I saw something similar in the party store, but they were pretty pricey and I figured I could make them. I actually love how they turned out and they were easy! I took apart another party hat and made a template. I just used white cardstock for the hat itself, pom poms around the bottom (which came already on a string talk about handy), feather boas for the top and I cut out the #1 on the Cricut, ran it through my Xyron and dumped glitter on them. I bought some of the elastic just like on the ones in the store and used an eyelet to make sure they didn't tear. I put long strands of curly ribbon going down the back. I hope the girls like them! I haven't finished Lily's yet-hers will be just a bit different.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Those are beautiful! I love that!

Traci G said...

wow!!! These are SUPER! Can't wait to see some pics from the party!