Thursday, May 1, 2008

Not like riding a bike...

Apparently you can forget how to frost/ice a cake. As proven here:













What a mess!
I took a Wilton cake decorating class a long time ago and obviously I didn't retain much. Oh well, at least Gavin guessed that the orange blobs on top were supposed to be carrots! And, the "G" in the middle was for him. He was watching me and he thought that would be a good idea.
I will say though that the cream cheese icing I made tastes so yummy!














If you are into pretty cakes (cupcakes actually) and new ideas, check out this blog! I love those flowers she did with the candy!


2 comments:

Borland family said...

I'm making the boys'cakes this year for their birthday, what recipe did you use for the cream cheese frosting? Anything special? Let me know, I was thinking last night that I wanted to do cream cheese!! I think the cake looks really great! Except, I've never taken a class and I'm still going to attempt it...Wish me luck!!

Jen said...

not as bad as you think! I am a TERRIBLE cake decorator!