Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cinnamon Roll Cookies & Father's Day Kisses


Janet gave me this recipe (which I believe she got here) and it is so yummy! A little time comsuming, but worth it. I've been trying to take better pictures, hopefully these ones are OK. Here's the recipe too:

Title: Cinnabun Cookies

Description:Cinnamon rolls cookies-easy

Ingredients:

1 pouch (1lb 1.5 oz) Sugar cookie mix

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 egg

1 tbsp ground cinnamon

Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar

2 tbsp milk

1/4 tsp vanilla

Directions:Heat oven to 375*In a large bowl mix cookie mix, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Stir in butter and egg until soft dough forms*On a piece of wax paper shape 1 tbsp cinnamon in a line about 5 inches long. Using floured fingers shape 1 tbsp dough into a rope about 5 inches long. Press one side of dough into the cinnamon.*On greased cookie sheet coil dough rope tightly. Cinnamon side facing center, into a cinnamon roll shape. Press end of rope to seal. repeat with remaining dough. Place cookies 2 inches apart*Bake 7-10 minutes. cool 1 min then remove from cookies sheet.

In a small bowl mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cookies

Number Of Servings:2 dozen


Also, we are thinking about having the YW make these Krispy treat "Kisses" for their dad's for Father's Day:





Super easy! Except, one kiss takes a whole batch of the krispy treats! I used Cocoa Pebbles this time, but I think if we do decide to do this, I will just buy the big bags of cereal.



I found these funnels for 92 cents at Walmart in the auto dept. I ran them through the dishwasher, and they worked perfectly.


2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm totally on board with the kisses! Also, when I hit my goal weight, I want you to reward me with those cinnamon cookies! YUMMY!

The picture is fabulous!

Hope said...

Hello from GA :)! Found your blog using the "next blog" feature, and I am so glad I did! This is such a super cute "kisses" idea! Thanks for sharing!