Saturday, April 19, 2008

Disney Day 5 Part 1

Today we had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare which is in the Grand Floridian. (Let me tell you how fun it was walking in there with a broken stroller by the way. Not embarrassing at all.) That place is gorgeous! I remember the first time Anthony and I went in there and him saying we could never stay there (like we could afford to anyway) because he would always feel under dressed. And really, who wants to dress up on vacation? But, truth be told I think I could get over that should the chance ever arise to stay there.
ANYWAY, Grammy made Lily a Princess dress just for the occasion. How cute is this?!

I love this dress and need to get back to Joanns and get more fabric and beg her to make another one for our next trip.
This is a character breakfast that we've never done before. The food wasn't all that great and the restaurant itself felt pretty tight to me and it wasn't even very full. I'm not sure we'll do this one again. But, as usual, the characters were fun and really, the whole reason we went anyway.
We met up with Pooh:

Tigger:

Mary Poppins:

Alice and the Mad Hatter:

Super Fun!
Next, we were on to Animal Kingdom.

Who in the world is this dude?!

Anyone know? I don't have a clue, but Gavin doesn't care.
We decided to go get Fastpasses for Everest and then went to see Festival of the Lion King. I think IF Anthony was disappointed to miss anything, it would have been this. He loves that show! And, it was great as usual. Gavin even got picked to go out and join the show for a bit at the end. So fun!

Now it was time to use our fastpasses! Dad and I got to ride twice in a row (we used Mom and Gavin's tickets to get 2 extra fastpasses). I love that ride! Gavin and Grammy played Uno while we rode Everest, then Kali River.


We had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, then headed over to Dinoland. On our way, more characters.
Piglet:

Eeyore:

Pooh:

In Dinoland, we made up for not riding Dumbo and rode the dino version which is just as good. Minus the line. Works for me.

We made a stop at the playground for a couple of minutes. Grandpa had a great time with all those kids. Or not. Either way, Gavin loved it:

It was a busy morning and we were ready for a little break, so we started to make our way out. Some quicker than others.

One more picture:

Sorry this post was so long. Up next: Pirate Party take 2!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the wierd dude in the maroon suit is from Pocahontas. I forget his name. These are cute pictures! Have fun at Reagan's!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures Becky !! We have never eaten at1900 Park fare for breakfast but have done dinner a few times !