Monday, April 7, 2008

Disney Day 4-Epcot

We got a little bit of a late start today...it's all starting to catch up to us at this point! We had a quick breakfast at the food court at the hotel.

Then it was on to Epcot!

We get parked and I go to get the stroller out of the car and one of the wheels had broken off!! Unbelievable! What am I going to do with Lily all day? She loves the carrier, but I don't think she'll enjoy it all day. And, the strollers to rent are way too big and uncomfortable for a tiny baby. Crap.
Well, lucky me, the stroller still worked with 3 wheels! I'm sure we got some crazy looks, but oh well. I didn't even realize how strange it must have looked until I got home and saw some of the pictures. Here's one from later in the trip: nice hunh?

My first stop of the day was Guest Services. I was talking to someone at the concierge desk at the hotel about our Pirate Party getting rained out and he suggested going there and seeing if they might issue us another ticket for a different day. I figured it was worth a shot, all they could say was no right? Well, after waiting for about 20 minutes, I walked out of there with 3 tickets to the Pirate Party for Saturday night! I was thrilled! Yea Disney! Our 2nd attempt would be tomorrow night and hopefully there would be no rain.
We had such a late start and unexpected delays that my plan for the day was thrown off completely. We decided to do a couple of things in Future World-Test Track, Soarin and Living with the Land.
Next up: a trip around the world.
We met some crazy bears in Canada:


We did a little shopping, Gavin's souvenir for the day, a new Webkin he named Buddy:

Then Gavin decided he was hungry. Grandpa was having a brat with sauerkraut and Gavin wanted some. I was totally grossed out, but he loved it! He ended up getting one of his own and I believe he ate most of it, if not the entire nasty thing.

Every other time we've gone to Epcot, the only place we've really had luck with characters was in Future World in the building where they are most of the day. This time, the line there was crazy long so we skipped it, but ran into characters throughout the park:



Gavin also did the Passport thing again this year. Last year he filled out the entire book, this time only about a third of it got done.


We decided to call it a day at about 5 or so I think. Anthony was done golfing and waiting for us to have dinner. I don't remember where we went to eat, but we pretty much hung out and rested a bit that night. I think Grammy and Grandpa went to MK to watch Wishes. Fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont hate on sauerkraut...yummy delicious. I loved epcot! Im sad I couldnt go with you again!~Janet

Anonymous said...

The 3 wheeled stroller cracked me up. What a rotten place for it to break !!